Monday, December 04, 2006

It's music that listens to me ... and I'm afraid to offend it.

So I'm finally using my Yahoo! account for something other than e-mail. I'm at work, listening to my own customized LAUNCHcast radio station.

It's free with your Yahoo! ID, you see, unless you hate 6 songs in a row, in which case you are screwed. You only have 5 skips per listening hour, and you will definitely pay when you have to listen to Gwen Stefani's new song that samples "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music. Trust me: you'll pay.

It also learns from your ratings of each song, and it figures out what you might want to hear next. The thing that blows my mind is this: I had actually thought, "Well, I don't want to make Gwen Stefani feel bad, so I'll rate her song as 'Like It' but then skip over it."

OK, first of all, I don't want to make Gwen Stefani feel bad? What is that?

Second of all, I'm only gonna get more wrath if I'm actively approving Stefanian show tune hijinx.

Therefore, I awarded Gwen no points, prayed that God may have mercy on her soul and happily clicked "Never play again."

Sorry, Gwen. No offense or anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my own station and Jon used to listen to it with me. I rock! :)
N

SSS said...

I've now got my own station, but clearly, my Yahoo! music has a lot to learn before I'm satisfied.