Friday, February 02, 2007

Big Weekend: World Series, Super Bowl, New Job

Lots going on right now!


In 11 short hours, I'll be heading to Chicago to join Mike and Jon for auditions for the World Series of Pop Culture. This competition pits teams of 3 against each other in a music, tv and movie trivia contest, and if we do well enough we'll head to New York City for the 16-team tournament in March. Wish us luck! I'm actually pretty optimistic -- on the local radio station this week, one of the sports promotions guys who's taking his own team to the Chicago auditions this weekend was interviewed, and they asked him a bunch of pop culture trivia questions and he didn't know the answer to many of them. So we'll see...



In 45 hours, our Indianapolis Colts will be taking on the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI. Now, you know I am no sports fan, but Go Colts!



And in 60 hours, I'll be starting my new job as the director of development at Broadway United Methodist Church.

The clock, she ees teeking! And good things are happening -- woo hoo!

UPDATE: The World Series of Pop Culture kicked our butts. The qualifying questions on the written exam were TOUGH! The Beagles failed to qualify.

UPDATE UPDATE: I signed a confidentiality agreement about the World Series of Pop Culture audition process, and my UPDATE above is probably OK, but just in case, let's pretend I didn't say anything.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: Oh, yeah -- the Colts won the Super Bowl, and it was awesome. And my new job is even better than the Colts winning the Super Bowl!

No comments: