Monday, February 19, 2007

The Family Is Growing...Aquatically

Over the last couple weeks, I've been furnishing my office with new and exciting items -- souvenirs from Africa, sophistimacated filing systems, an old keepsake clock that I got from Hilligoss Galleries, etc.

Today, two precious new items arrived. Here they are:

An orange goldfish, who is a little suspicious of his/her new home, and a black goldfish, who is really just going with the flow, so to speak. They are each currently about an inch and a half long. My Petco pet consultant indicated that they may grow up to 12 inches long. Hopefully that won't be the case -- because come on! -- but I'll keep you posted on their progress. If you have any helpful hints about goldfishery, feel free to leave them in the comments.

Anyway, they need names. Any suggestions? I'm currently thinking Phil and Thropy.

(Get it? "Phil an' Thropy"? "Philanthropy"? Since I'm the fundraiser? Oh, shut up.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cagney and Lacey!!!!

There is no other CHOICE!!!!

Except for Kate and Allie perhaps. :)
N

SSS said...

I'm convinced they're a boy and a girl, so I was thinking Mork & Mindy or Donnie & Marie.

My boss's friend, though, visited on Friday and noted that the orange one was -- this is a direct quote -- "shaking her booty" and declared that the orange one should be named Beyonce. In that case, the black one should be named after Beyonce's real-life boyfriend, Jay-Z.

Our other alternative for fish-naming is to let the kids from Broadway's Sunday School name them. They may be visiting this Sunday or next to meet the fish and bestow upon them some Broadway-related names.

Will keep you posted.