Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Ads

I have to tell you that the reports that Super Bowl ads have jumped the shark are false. These two commercials -- both with a trilled Spanglish "rRrRr" -- really made me laugh.

Regular readers know my feelings about computer-generatedly talking animals.* But I'm willing to overlook that rule in favor of the Taco Bell Lions and their CarRrRrne Asada Taquitos:



And while I find the last-two-seconds "punchline" of this ad unnecessary, I do enjoy the Checkout Girl's enthusiasm for Salsa VerRrRrde Doritos:



What was your favorite? And what did you think of that homophobic/just plain weird Snickers ad?




* If we have learned one thing and one thing only from the last five years, let it be that just because we have the technology to do something doesn't mean we should do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one with Robert Goulet sneaking around the office and messing with your stuff makes me laugh everytime I think about it.

"In the role he was born to play!"
N

SSS said...

If you go to www.EmeraldNuts.com, there's all manner of Goulet-related hyjinks you can involve yourself in: Goulet ringtones, a Bob Goulet mask, Goulet mp3 downloads, etc.