Friday, March 02, 2007

R.I.P. Mystery (2007-2007)

It is with great sadness that I must report that my black goldfish was dead when I arrived in the office today. A brief funeral service was held in the Broadway Church first floor men's room this morning.

I never really saw him eat, and he wasn't growing at all like the orange one has been. I'll be taking a sample of the water to Petco this afternoon to see if there was anything we could have done or if it was just his time and God needed another aquatic angel.

I take great comfort in the knowledge that the little guy didn't pass away without a name. Just last night, one of the Broadway tutors brought his student, Antonio, down to the office to use the internet for an assignment. I let them use my computer and asked Antonio if he had any good names for the fish; he suggested a name for each of them. And while it wasn't made official at the time, I'll always remember my dear departed black goldfish as Mystery.

And now, a look back at the good ol' days:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Mystery. Hopefully he's in the great big bowl in the sky with all the ones I won at the Catholic Festivals by throwing ping pong balls in their bowls....and the one that lived FOREVER despite us doing are darndest to accidentally kill him. Lucky. N