Friday, August 24, 2007

Imagine Rod Roddy saying it, and it's even better.

"A NEW CAR!"

That's what I got. It's a 2008 Nissan Versa, which I have yet to name, so if you have any ideas, let me know. The color is "Fresh Powder" on the outside and "Blond" on the inside. Here are some pics:

Top left: Dad and me. Bottom left: I'm bringing hatchback back.
Right: the car in action, and the tree is in the foreground; I'm not actually about to crash.


Sadly, Big Red has gone the way of so many 12-year-old cars before him. Leaky gaskets and strength of will can only get you so far in life, and so Big Red will soon be making it possible for the nice people at Goodwill to create jobs. Seriously -- do not tell Aunt Berta the Oldsmobile's dead.

But let me know if you'd like to go for a ride some time!

PS - Speaking of death and game shows, did you know there's a website you can use to find the graves of famous and non-famous people, including GPS coordinates of the gravesite? Por ejemplo, Rod Roddy's final-resting GPS coordinates are Latitude 32.76205, Longitude -97.368483. Is it weird that I've bookmarked that site?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you thousandaires can afford fancy things like automobiles.

Anonymous said...

I go to that grave website all the time. That's how I found out George "The Animal" Steele is buried just down the street. Jon, Mike, and I went to visit him. Yes, we're lame.
N