Monday, January 21, 2008

From the Vault: Their Own Signature Style

An e-mail from me to friends on Monday, October 25, 2004:

Hi, all -- long time, no talk to...thought I'd share the one "bright"
"high" point of my triumphant part-time return to the workforce.

As I scan invoices for hours at a time, days at a stretch (or so it seems), I entertain myself by reading the names that are signed at the bottom, on the "customer signature" line. While most receivers of goods sign with their own name -- a basic "John Smith" or whatever -- others feel the need to protect their own identities, for reasons I'd really rather not fathom.

Regardless, I present to you the following list of actual signatures on actual invoices at MegaFoodWorkplace:

1. B. A. Baracus
2. James Bond
3. Scooby Doo
4. Skeletor! (their exclamation point, not mine)
5. Gomer Pyle
6. Peter Parker
7. Xena Yayayayaya! (again, exclamation point not added by me)
8. Nacho Cheese*
(* I will allow for the possibility of the name "Nacho Cheese," as I actually knew a guy named Nacho -- short for Ignacio -- when I was in Mexico, and I can see how that might evolve into "Nacho Cheese" as a workplace nickname.)

Listfully yours,
Scott

No comments: