Friday, January 11, 2008

My Life Is An Open Book

...or, rather, an open iPod

In the grand blogger tradition of assuming you care about the mundane details of my life, I shall now share with you, unedited, the first ten songs that pop up when I put my iPod on random. I'm a little nervous about what my song collection will barf out, but that's the sacrifice of the blogger, right?

Ready? OK!

1. Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
OK, so far, so good.

2. My Life by Billy Joel
Good song, perfectly cromulent TV theme. This isn't as hard as I thought.

3. After You, Who? by John Barrowman
It's unlikely that you're familiar with this Cole Porter song, but it's a good one. Romantical.

4. Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney
I have to figure out how to uncheck my Christmas music so that it quits popping up.

5. Autumn / Adagio from The Four Seasons by Vivaldi
Because I am classy.

6. Thank You For The Music by Abba
Of all the Abba songs on my iPod (courtesy of "Abba Gold," the one CD I would pick if I was going to be stranded on an island and only got one CD to bring with me forever), this is my least favorite.

7. Por Una Cabeza by The Tango Project
This is the song that Arnold Schwarznegger and Tia Carrere (RrRrRrRr!) dance to in "True Lies."

8. If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful by Whitney Houston
This song makes me think of Ghana because one of the other volunteers lent me her Whitney Houston's Greatest Hits CD and, inexplicably, this duet with Jermaine Jackson was one of the "hits."

9. Si Volvieras A Mi by Josh Groban
I will admit that, while I do not qualify as a Grobanite (for charity or otherwise), I do enjoy Josh Groban's music.

10. Babe by Styx
Styx is far cooler than Air Supply.

1 comment:

K.T. said...

Hi Scott, your great eagle-ness/mensa-ness, just checking in on you. I actually don't remember when I ran into you at that Speedway on Lafayette Road, must have been last spring. So, I'm out surfing, kind of shopping, etc. and thought I'd check up on you to see how you're doing. The airport dancing is ALMOST as good as you playing the drum sequence from "Wipe Out". All is good with me. I just can't wait to go to Amazon and order "Small Mediums at Large". Call me sometime. I'm in the book or if you don't like books, switchboard.com - K.T.