Monday, January 28, 2008

Silent Lucidity

I've spent the last four hours (I got up at 7:30ish) in silence.

No TV, no music, no iTunes, whatever. And it's been heavenly.

I've used the intermajig to read and write stuff (obviously), but no videos, and no MP3s. So far, it's just the honk of the geese on the frozen pond lake loch and my occasional giggles at myself and others.

Delightful.

I'll need to break the silence a little later when I go to buy a new cell phone, but I'm going to live it up while I can.

You should try it.

2 comments:

S said...

Freaky... You and Jenny both needing new phones within a day of each other. What did you do? And why is everyone else's lives so much more interesting than my own lately?

SSS said...

I don't know, but I *heart* my new phone. For YEARS I've been on a Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone, and it's been perfectly sufficient. For some reason, the transition to a big-boy phone plan makes me very excited.

And now I'm actually thinking about getting a pet -- I'm going to see if I can adopt a rabbit named Oliver from the Indiana House Rabbit Society (www.indianahrs.org).

Grown-up!