Sunday, April 20, 2008

Momo-What, Now?

I've shared with you before that I follow the blogs of several young, hip New York Cityers. I'm not sure why I do this, as their lives seem about as far from mine as a television character's would.

But lately many of them have been all aflutter over a restaurant called Momofuku Ko. And I have to tell you that, while I am quite sure the meal is excellent, I have some systematic reservations about their reservations system.


AND! THEN!

When you get there, you have to SHOW I.D.

You. Have. To show. I.D. To eat there.

Which (a) simply astounds me that a restaurant is so popular that they have to resort to that (only in New York, New York, I suppose), and (b) profoundly disappoints me because I was totally about to make a reservation and then eBay it for jillions of dollars.

2 comments:

K.T. said...

I followed your links to the "cool kids" which led to other places. My favorite find was a "Cats Who Look Like Hitler" blog.

Who knew there was such a community?

SSS said...

This is the double-edged sword of the interweb. One never knows where one might end up.

Glad it was just cats that look like Hitler this time.