Thursday, April 24, 2008

Things I Learned In The Last Three Weeks

  • My life choices to date (living alone, no kids, speaking English, etc.) are the right ones for me.
  • I really need to laugh a lot more than I do. It's awesome and healthy.
  • One can only hear the phrase "El pene está bien erecto," even when in the context of a medical discussion, a maximum of six times before it becomes uncontrollably, albeit inappropirately, laughable.
  • When accompanied by a medically contextual index-finger gesture, the upper laughability limit is reduced to three.
  • Milo's not that bad a name for a rabbit.
  • It feels really good to turn up the TV at 10:00 at night. When did television actors become so mumbly?
  • If you don't know the answer to a "Which baseball player...?" question, you should guess Ted Williams.
  • The appeal of Double Stuf Oreos crosses national boundaries.
  • A lot of people care about me.
  • It's probably a good idea that this is the last season of "ER."
  • I find it easier to maintain a clean house, keep a full refrigerator, and cook dinner than I thought it would be.
  • There's not that much on TV that makes sense when you have to describe it to someone who's never seen the show before and who doesn't understand the language.
  • The gardens at the Indianapolis Museum of Art are a good place to get some quiet, unless three busloads of middle-school kids unload while you're there.
  • Chick-Fil-A diet lemonade tastes a lot like regular lemonade, and it tastes even more like regular lemonade if you get it without ice.
  • It's easy to install a child car seat.
  • I'm not sure I find all that big a difference among the three candidates for President.
  • It may be time for me to lay off air travel for a while.
  • Alone time is good time for me.
  • Three-year-olds really aren't that bad, after all.

No comments: