Friday, May 16, 2008

And thus, poised and prepped to singlehandedly stimulate the economy...

My economic stimulus check direct-deposit has arrived! My economic stimulus check direct-deposit has arrived!

Look out, economy, here I come!

More like, look out, good folks at Capital One, here comes that money I owe you! But still.

I'm trying to be patriotic. So let's think about what I would be buying if I hadn't already spent my economic stimulus direct-deposit:
  • Time-Life's Ultimate Rock Ballads Collection, even though I don't, for the life of me, know what "8 CDs + 1 free!" means. Also, pay no attention to the fact that I could get the same 153 songs on iTunes for about the same amount, but it would actually be even less because I wouldn't have to buy the ones that suck. ($149.95)
  • An Amazon Kindle, because come on. ($399.00)
  • Aaaaaaand, I'm spent. (Actually, there's still $51.05 left over, so maybe I'd go out to dinner somewhere moderately nice.)
See, I think this is why I'm destined to financial struggle -- I'm just too good at blowing cash.

I mean, it's not like I put Benjamins in the shredder or anything, and thank God I'm not snorting away thousands of dollars with the cocaines or the LSD marijuana PCP whatever the hell other drugs you snort. But still, I'm a good spender.

Not a big spender, just a good spender.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have been wanting a Kindle too! No more holding a book or having to turn the pages. I could be a total sloth! No, really. I want one for the practical purposes. I like your wish list!