Monday, May 19, 2008

I shall live neither in the zip NOR by the code. Discuss.

Will I watch this show? Probably. Will I feel good about it? Probably not.



I am afraid, though, that this teaser preview for the 90210 remake raises more questions than it answers. Like, such as:
  • What about all the former West Bev kids who are said to have signed on?
  • Will former Full House star Lori Loughlin spawn the new acronym ffhsilf?
  • How does West Beverly's Journalism Department budget compare to similarly sized high schools? My God, the Journalism Department! Although it's a nice nod to the original series that the journalist kid looks fifteen years older than the others.
  • How is this not just a west coast Gossip Girl?
  • Which of the following is true: (a) America's high school students are way more into sex and drugs than they were when I was in high school, (b) I just wasn't hanging out with the right crowd in high school?
  • What manner of unspeakable acts did Annie Mills's principal-father commit so as to have to leave his school district and transfer all the way from Kansas City to California?
  • Will Jessica Walter as "not your typical grandma" adopt a Beverly Hills Annyong?
  • Is 90210 really America's favorite zipcode? (I just learned the zipcode for Cool is 95614. That's the zipcode for Cool, California! Bwahaha!)
via Radar Online

2 comments:

K.T. said...

Okay...so I did not watch this show originally. I do remember napping to it prior to Briscoe Staff meetings one year. (I know...I am grumpy if I have to wake up to go to a staff meeting. Luckily, there is no more of that.)

I had read about this show coming back, but had since forgotten. In response to your points:

YES, where are those oldies who had signed on?! You can't tell me Ian Zirling (or whatever his name is) is busy since he got voted off Dancing with the Stars. And I heard that the journalism chick was to come back. Perhaps she reconsidered since her walker may not have fit in at West Bev.

I don't think there will be a new acronym, but I've been supprised by some that came out of the Gilmore Girls.

Okay...just remember, it is an "Access Hollywood" type of journalism. Yes, this is Gossip Girl West.

I am thinking it is "a".

Didn't that one family from the original show come from Minnesota? That Shannon girl did not have midwest manners.

I'm hoping that she will be like Kelly Bishop's Emily Gilmore. Can you tell I miss the GG? Two mentions in one comment!

I do like 90210, or at least the vicinity. I've spent some time there. I like it when the weather is like May in Indiana, which is most of the time, I think. But, I'd really like to see the actual street boundaries before I commit to any favoritism.

jss said...

Shouldn't the title be 90212?