Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Recap: Sunday with IKEA and Stephen King

On Sunday, as we were still recovering from the wedding festivities, Myrna and I drove about an hour from Portage to the IKEA in Schaumburg, Ill. Myrna is moving this weekend, and she needed a dresser and an entertainment center (which, for some reason, I felt compelled to badly Spanishize, repeatedly pronouncing the phrase "centro de entretenemiento").

Anywho, Myrna found her centro de entretenemiento but not a dresser, and we both bought some other stuff, too. I got a chair for the deck off my master bedroom, as well as a 59¢ wooden spoon set, some knives, and a stainless steel bowl.

After a great BBQ dinner with Myrna's family (including her adorable nephew Christopher), I headed back to Indy. I had just bought a RoadTrip FM transmitter for my iPod, and about ten minutes down the road, I realized that I had audiobooks on the ol' 'pod that I hadn't listened to. So, my companion for the ride home was the creepy, scary Stephen King and his short stories from Gray Matter.

Here's a tip from your Uncle Scott: do not stop at a deserted rest stop after three Stephen King short stories. No matter how bad you have to pee.

No comments: