Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hey, it's a blog, right?

It is clear to any reader, regular or otherwise, that this blog doesn't really have any coherent structure or purpose. Sometimes it's about videos I found, sometimes it's about my niece, sometimes it's observations of odd or quirky things I've run across in life or work.

But rarely is it about very personal stuff. This is one of those times.

I'm having this recurring dream/sleep experience. At least four nights a week for the last six or seven months, I have awakened, convinced that I have failed to prepare the house for visitors. Like, there's laundry to be done and I have to clean the shower and put out clean towels and whatever, and it's 2:00 or 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, and I've already blown it because they're on their way, or they were supposed to be here overnight, or whatever. And when I wake up, I'm completely convinced that this is true, but after I walk around for a few minutes, picking up laundry or setting out towels or whatever, I realize that this is ridiculous and I go back to sleep pretty quickly. This even happens when I am not staying in my own home -- when I slept over at my folks' house over the weekend, it happened.

Any insights into what this is about?

I mean, it started before Antonia and Alfredo were here -- before I had even invited them to stay -- so I don't think that has anything to do with it. But, dear readers (which includes family, friends, friends I've never met, and other Internet strangers), do you have any idea what this is about? Any good dream interpretation sights to link to, or ideas of how to get over this?

I don't think it's affecting my health, other than waking me up in the middle of the night. But it is getting kind of annoying...

2 comments:

Meana said...

So, this is what there is to do at 6 am in CA. But, I did a quick search for you and found that if this dream is about cleaning your house, it's mostly about you clearing your thoughts and getting rid of old ways. If it's about visitors it's about information on it's way. See http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ for details and let us know what you think!

Sarah said...

I have similar ones about my lesson plans. If we have state visitors or even if I'm just trying a lab for the first time. I will stay awake watching the time tick by. That is happening now during summer school. I'm used to planning for a hour lesson... now I have to fill a 6 hour day. I will wake up feeling dread that I will run out of ideas with an hour to go (has happened once- whoo hoo for pulling things out of my rear!)