Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You Should Come: BlogIndiana

Blog Indiana 2008

I am by no means a blogger-for-business, in that I make zero dollars from this blog. But I've decided to attend the BlogIndiana conference in August. (The 30-day countdown starts today!)

I'm actually hoping to learn more about blogging (which is, allegedly, dying -- and come on, if I've been doing it for a year and a half, then it clearly must be dead) and social media networks and how I might employ them for what I'm doing now and in the future. And it'll be cool to meet a bunch of the people I've been following and interacting with online. One of the other things I'm looking forward to is seeing the IUPUI Campus Center, where the conference is taking place.

I started this blog in October 2006 when two things happened:

  1. I realized I was sending two to five e-mails a day to friends with the subject line "Check out this video!!!!!!!!!!"
  2. I visited Broadway Church's website and saw that the pastor's and many other folks' blogs were linked from the church website.
But it's really grown into something of its own. According to Google Analytics, since I started keeping track in February 2007, over 4,155 individuals from 83 countries (never did convert Paraguay) have visited my blog a total of 13,735 times (23,893 pageviews, whatever that is). In that time, I have also become the top search result for the Google phrase "rod roddy gravesite". (Woohoo!) (?)

So anyway, I'm looking forward to BlogIndiana on August 16 & 17 at the IUPUI Campus Center. You should come, too.

1 comment:

Noah said...

Thanks for the mention! Looking forward to meeting you next month! Having all these local bloggers in one place should be a lot of fun.