Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cookbook Corner

This will not. at. all. be a regular feature, but because dozens of one readers have has literally begged asked politely for the recipe of Harry & David Molten Chocoberry Volcano Muffins I prepared for my guests at 3:30 Saturday morning before they left for the airport at 4:00, I shall post the v. complicated recipe here:

You will need:
  • One storebought muffin mix (I used the just-add-water kind -- don't even need an egg!)
  • 3 - 4 oz. Harry & David Chocolate Blueberries for every six muffins you're making
  • A little bit o' lemon rind (more than a pinch, less than a teaspoon)

To prepare:
  1. Mix it all up.
  2. Bake according to the directions on muffin mix pouch, but you'll need to bake at the high end of the cook-time range. Muffins will not rise, but oh, sweet Lord, you won't care. The Molten Chocoberry center more than makes up for the lack of muffin tops.

Yields:

  • Whatever the muffin mix you're using yields.
It's so easy! It's so easy I can do it! It's so easy I can do it at 3:00 in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would seem that the most difficult part of this Very Complicated Recipe would actually be landing the H&D Chocolate Blueberries themselves which, I'm gathering, is the very essence of the The Recipe.

Because really? They don't carry them at the Broad RIpple Kroger.

Sounds tasty though...