Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TAGGED!

I got tagged by Troy at GoodHome to share six random things about me. I am honored to be included in Troy's blog-orbit -- so honored that, despite the fact that this entire blog is random things about me (794 random things and counting), I shall oblige. Now, let's get to the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. (CHECK!)
2. Post these six rules on your blog. (DONE AND DONE!)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself. (SEE BELOW.)
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them. (SEE BELOW.)
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog. (WORKING ON IT.)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted. (WILL DO.)

Here are my 6 random things about myself:

1. I was recently (less than three hours ago) accused of not talking about my gifts freely enough. Therefore, to set the record straight, here are some things you might not know about me, gift-wise: I speak Spanish; I play the viola; I'm pretty good at tennis; I love to sing and dance and do both almost every day; I've got a good eye for high-quality, high-value artwork; I'm an excellent baker; I am hilarious; I am a creative problem-solver; I am almost always grammatically correct; and I am a certified Expert at Microsoft Word (prestigious!).

2. I floss my teeth at least once every day.

3. I'm over the word "so." Both "So," as in "Um" at the beginning of a sentence ("So guess what happened when I went to get frozen custard at Ritter's today?"), and "so" as an adverb of scale for words that don't really come in different gradations ("You're so fired"). I only respect the sovereignty of the word "so" when it is used to indicate "therefore" ("I was cold, so I put on a sweater") or to indicate scale for words that do come in different gradations ("Dumb Dora is so dumb..." "How dumb is she?!" "Dumb Dora is so dumb, she's been in kindergarten so long, she's the only girl with [BLANK].").

4. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would ever want to do one sudoku puzzle, let alone a Big Book of 620 Sudoku Puzzles for the Frustrated Fanatic.

5. I prefer entertainment with an ensemble cast: 21 Jump Street. Thundercats. West Side Story. Voltron. Things like that.

6. My earliest improv-comedy memory is Chad Hazelrigg doing his impression of Grimace trapped in a hot-air balloon with Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, the Hamburglar, and the Fry Guys, based on a literally unjustifiable poster in our 7th grade pre-algebra classroom. Honestly, Mr. Magnuson, what the hell? But Chad Hazelrigg, if you are out there, I have remembered "Duh, gee, Ronald, uh, gee" and "We are the Fry Guys" for lo, these 24 years.


Without further self-disclosure ado, here are the folks I’m going to tag (in the morning -- it's almost 1:00am and I have to be at the office in about six hours and be marginally functional for the boringest meeting ever)...

KT at LuckyGirl-LuckyDog
Esmerelda at Esmerelda's Book Thing
Scott at Fishsuit
Renu at Renu's Week
Amy at 4th Frog

6 comments:

jss said...

Thanks for not tagging me. It would be worthless anyway since I don't update my blog and no one reads it! Maybe they don't read it because I don't update it?????

Random fact: There is a town (several houses is probably more accurate) by the name of Hazelrigg. It's just west of Lebanon. Funny how things like road signs stick in my head.

Esmerelda said...

Hey SSS,

Thanks for tagging me. Truth be told one of the reasons I had insomnia the other night was I was up looking at your blog and I saw that you had tagged me.

I just finished the task. I even outed myself to a few people who did not know I blogged.

Thanks!
Esme

Troy said...

Next time I see you would you please sing and choreograph a dance about Thundercats?

SSS said...

Haha, I make no promises, Troy, but I'll see what I can do.

Nat said...

I also know that you have hands, but no forearms or elbows. They ask about that sort of thing you know.

K.T. said...

I have completed my responsibility. But I may be a disappointment to you.