Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wait: Penguin or Duck?

I am currently laying in bed, with the door to the balcony open. The early (for me) morning sounds of the awakening pond lake loch waft in as geese splash-land and fish tails break the surface.

Alas, a clinically depressed emotionally stunted especially randy loud-as-hell duck has also found his way to the pond lake loch this morning, and the quacking is giving me the Loch ... Madness!

Anyway.

All of a sudden, the deranged duck who won't shut up reminded me of Burgess Meredith as The Penguin in the old Batman TV series. But then I wondered: do penguins quack? Because that was sort of the noise that good ol' Burgess made.

So, with a full 15 seconds of extensive comprehensive exhausting Internet research, I have determined that, no, penguins do not quack. Also, they neither wear purple top hats nor smoke cigarettes in long holders nor throw cream pies at Commissioner Gordon in an effort to be arrested as part of their diabolical plot.

My friends, I ask you: What kind of world do we live in? Everything Burgess Meredith taught us about penguins was wrong!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go re-evaluate my entire life.

1 comment:

Clifton said...

Groucho has the ultimate answer to it all, actually posed as a question. Why a duck?

Why not.