Thursday, September 04, 2008

YOU SHOULD COME: One Night Brunch Only!

I mentioned in my bringing-you-up-to-speed post last night that I will be making my emceeing debut on Saturday during Sax in the City (teehee), a fundraiser to benefit a local seniors program called the Mid-North Shepherd's Center. It's a jazz brunch, and it's going to kick serious butt. And not just 'cause I'm emceeing. And not just 'cause of the awesome food from the Broadway Kitchen Ladies and other assorted home-cookin' volunteers.

There's going to be awesome music from the Carl Hines Band as well as a formidable silent auction: 50+ items, and you know how I love items. I actually got a great deal on some Indianapolis Symphony tickets at the last silent auction I participated in, so I'll be bringing my checkbook.

So, you should come. Here are the details:

Sax in the City
A Brunch to Benefit the Mid-North Shepherd's Center
Saturday, September 6
11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
North United Methodist Church
38th & Meridian, Indianapolis

Tickets are $25 and are available from my friend Ellie, one of the aforementioned Broadway Kitchen Ladies. If you want to come, send me an e-mail, and I'll get you in touch with Ellie. My friend Meana is coming, so if you've ever read her funny comments and wanted to put a face with a name, now's your chance! Also, it's your chance to see me emcee! Also it's your chance to experience the legendary breakfast burrito that damn near drove us all to drink!

No comments: