Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bloggy Birthday, Dear Scotty, Bloggy Birthday To You!

Hey, you guys! Guess what? It's my Second Bloggaversary!

Actually, it was two years and two days ago when I first started the blog as a way to keep Jon's, Nat's, Spike's, and Mike's (and later Jenny's) inboxes free from breathless "OHMYGOSHDIDYOUSEETHIS!" e-mails. They have not yet thanked me for this...mostly because I still send them random link- and video-containing e-mails with the same frequency as before, and also because I think they only seldom read this blog.

In 845 posts over the last two years, I have tackled such pressing topical issues as leprechauns, zombies, and zebras. I have made acquaintances in Michigan and danced in Qatar. I have liveblogged until my fingers bled and updated from Colorado, Sierra Leone, and India.

As I've been sidelined with this sore throat and (un)common cold yesterday and today, I've been reflecting on the last couple years and spent some time reviewing what I've written here. Here's an interesting Wordle, made of the 225 most common words that have appeared among the 131,636 words I have written on the blog in the last two years:


So, anyway, Happy Bloggaversary to us! Here's to another (at least) two years!

8 comments:

Meana said...

Two things...first, I cannot make this wordle bigger and you know how I love those, can you fix that?

And I decided last night that if I were to have a blog, my liveblogging events would have to be Dancing with the Stars. :)

SSS said...

Made it bigger -- any better? I don't know why it's not embiggening...

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggaversary, hope you get feeling better soon.

Jim

Meana said...

Much better, thanks! I couldn't figure out at first why McCain was bigger than so many other words, but then I remembered the liveblogging of the debate.

SSS said...

Haha, yeah, it's because I'm such a big McCain supporter. :)

JL said...

I read your blog! And you should give Jon some credit because he got Sarah to start reading it. She might be your most loyal reader in Yuma! By the way, I feel like it needs some more random, public dancing...

JL said...

I read your blog! And you should give Jon some credit because he got Sarah to start reading it. She might be your most loyal reader in Yuma! By the way, I feel like it needs some more random, public dancing...

sarah said...

Jenny... as much as I care about my Yuma bff, I read the blog because Scott is a curiosity. Anyone who will dance in the midddle of an airport in a foreign country on a double dog dare from a stranger is someone to watch.