Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's the latest quiz that's sweeping the interweb-o-tron!

Outside my window right now is:
A windswept pond lake loch and a tree that once served as the anchor for a goose nest until the Anti-Gooseite Fascists in the neighborhood flexed their jack-booted nest-eradication strategy and destroyed both the nest and the eggs in it.

My daily rhythm is:
Wake up, head to the bathroom and then go back to bed to live in denial of the morning for a bit. Usually I have my computer in bed with me, so I check some e-mail and Twitter before getting up, feeding Milo, selecting and ironing my clothes for the day, taking a shower (I'm a wasteful in-the-shower tooth-brusher and shaver), getting dressed and heading to work.

I am thankful for:
A caring family and the undeserved, unconditional love that comes along with it.

In the kitchen:
I have a fridge full of old leftovers, five almost-empty cereal boxes (Rice Chex, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Apple Dapples -- not even Apple Jacks, Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles), a slowly-dying microwave oven, two cookbooks, and a set of knives from IKEA.

Breakfast:
Is not really my bag, baby. But I do enjoy a nice yogurt-and-fruit parfait.

I haven't found:
My One Big Thing yet.

Lunch:
Usually carryout or drive-thru. I need to eat less food from a bag.

Supper:
Usually eaten out. Tonight was Outback Steakhouse.

I am wearing:
My favorite jeans and a really, really, really old purple dress shirt. Will be visiting the Kohl's or the SteinMart soon.

I am creating:
My plan for the next 18 months.

Bringing beauty to my home:
Is a lot easier with help from my dad who is creating really cool stuff, like a handmade wooden top for Milo's cage and a new hearth-type thing for the fireplace area at the condo.

I am reading:
The Theban Plays (the zany, madcap adventures of Oedipus) by Sophocles, The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence, and this week's Entertainment Weekly magazine.

I am hoping:
To do some more singing and laughing and dancing and writing very soon.

Around the house:
There's way more rabbit fur than I ever thought possible.

I am making plans for:
The coming week -- things to do at work and things to do outside of work. Print pieces and creative work stuff, dinners and lunches and fun outside-of-work stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so cute.

Love ya!!

Cousin Lisa xoxo

K.T. said...

I didn't realize the words "purple" and "dress shirt" could be used together.

Just kidding.

Troy said...

If only Oedipus had practiced the presence of God :(

K.T. said...

Thought you'd be interested, this entry, although not a "Tag" is spreading through my friend Mariandy: http://mariandy.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag-im-it.html