Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh! Now I get the American economy.

You may keep your spreadsheets and your charts, your hifalutin talk of collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps, your Dow Jones Industrial Averages and your Standards & Poor'ses.

In 60 seconds, I can explain how we got into the mess that led to a $700 Billion-with-a-B economic bailout rescue bill that who even knows if it's gonna work. Friends, I give you, Why The American Economy Is In The Crapper:



If we had any self-control, as individuals and as a nation, we'd be a lot better off than we are. That's all I'm saying.

Postscript: I had dinner with my parents the other night and they tried to explain to me the above clip, which they had seen in its original airing. Let's just say I have great respect for the restraint and compassion my father showed in describing this unfortunate fellow using only the adjectives "idiotic" and "overweight."

Video via BestWeekEver.tv, which you ought to be reading every day.

No comments: