Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ricky Re-Dardos: Recognizing my faves

About a week ago, I got a comment from Cliffie at Canary Feathers, et al, indicating that he had bestowed upon me the Dardos Award. Here’s how awesome Clif thinks I am; on good days, I believe him. (While you’re there, read the post entitled “Methodist Conga Line” – Clif is awesome!)

Anyway, here’s the Dardos rundown. It’s given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps (see right) were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

The guidelines for being awarded thus are as follows:

1) accept the Dardos by displaying it here, along with the names of those who bestowed it and a link to their respective journals; and

2) pass it on to another five blogs I deem worthy of this acknowledgement, contacting each of them to let them know they have been selected.

But I’m not sure I can come up with five bloggers who haven’t already received the award, so I award the Dardos to the following three blogmistresses:
  • My friend Katie (Shh!) at AnonymousK, whose wit and intelligence I prize as much as her friendship. We met under what one might consider trying circumstances (staffing a conference for Indiana’s VIP leaders – me, as a volunteer and she, as the do-everything assistant to a 127-year-old midget slavemaster whose face was held on only by her super-tight bun hairdo). We have been friends and colleagues ever since. At AnonymousK, she shares the ups and downs of newmommyhood and is embarking on a journey back to school. Totally. Adds. Value to the Web.
  • My friend Esme at Esmerelda’s Book Thing, who works during the day as an academic advisor at a Major Big Ten University, and who has somehow wrangled herself this awesome arrangement where publishers mail her copies of books to read and review. I am not kidding when I tell you I think this is the coolest thing in the entire world, and I hope someday to establish this set-up for myself. In addition to great reviews and fascinating insights, she’s also got a heart for family and community, and she’s pretty funny, too. Totally. Adds. Value to the Web.
  • My friend Amy at StarkReAlity, who is working to make it so that every non-profit organization has – and is using – an account on the major online social-media networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to raise awareness and generate donations. Amy’s a graduate of the Master’s program at the Center on Philanthropy at IUPUI, and she’s supersmart. Totally. Adds. Value to the Web.

Viva la Dardos!

No comments: