Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Amazing Discovery - "Brandswag" Baroque

Do you remember Colin Clark? He's a blogger friend (whom I've never met in person) -- the one who randomly and generously sang "On The Bayou" a while back -- and he now works with Kyle Lacy at Brandswag, the new media / social media consulting firm whose tagline is "Ideas infecting business."

Colin and Kyle are producing a weekly video series called Brandswag.TV, and I think Colin is the one who composed their theme song, which you can hear by watching the video below. (You can also learn about selling your couch on Twitter.)



The funniest thing, though -- I would have SWORN that Colin's "Brandswag" theme song was an original composition, but as I was going through my old classical music CDs recently, I came across an astonishing clip, which I've posted below. What do you think?








I think Colin's neo-punk theme is certainly more contemporary and edgy, but there's something to that Baroque one...but how did they even know about social media in the 17th century?


Can't see the video? Click here: http://sssemester.blogspot.com/2009/03/amazing-discovery-brandswag-baroque.html

4 comments:

Colin Clark said...

Scott you are the freaking MAN!!! I just fell off my chair I'm laughing so hard! We do need to meet in person. Shoot me a tweet and we'll do lunch. I can't believe how hilarious that was!! Thanks for the continued support.

Scott S. Semester said...

Haha, thanks, Colin! :) I had fun putting that together.

Robby Slaughter said...

Reminds me of comedian Rob Paravonian's Pachelbel Rant (hilarious)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

@robbyslaughter

Erik Deckers said...

That's hilarious. Great job, Scott. I think you need to have Colin and Kyle use that as a guest theme song one day.

Nice voice, BTW.