Monday, March 16, 2009

Are you daft, man?

There exists, I have just learned, a French electronic music duo called Daft Punk. I do not know why they are called this, generally, nor do I know why their name is not itself made up of actually-French and/or French-sounding words. Fortunately, for our immediate purposes, this is not important.

What IS important is this: The Daft Punks (or whatever they're called) have this song called Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (which, again, not sure why it's en anglais, but what do I know?) and it's pretty cool. You can listen to it by clicking the link, or you can hear it by seeing below what the various corners of the intertubes have wrought.

First up, some amazing creativity from someone with writing (and too much time) on their hands:




Of course, when I do something innovative and someone tells me I have too much time on my hands, I tell them they're just jealous. In this case, I am just jealous of the ability to write so clearly on one's own hands, as well as the ability to moderate one's hand perspiration so as not to make the marker run.

Next up, we have a reimagination of a Disney classic, wherein a maiden in the woods who has shacked up with seven midgets gets her electronic groove on:




In this case, I am jealous of this person's video editing skills, and sheer chutzpah, flouting The Mouse's veritable army of copyright-infringement attorneys and proceeding forward with such artistry.

Finally, you can click here (or click the photo below) to get your own iDaft, where you can mix your own Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger sound effects.


I think I can speak for humanity when I say these videos and the iDaft console make the world a better place. Thank God for daft people, and punks, and especially for Daft Punk.

Can't see the videos? You're missing out! Click over to: http://sssemester.blogspot.com/2009/03/are-you-daft-man.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're just now learning of the neatness that is Daft Punk! DP DOES make the world shinier. -- Lisa