Friday, March 27, 2009

Ooooh, sorry...NOT enticing.

This invitation arrived in my e-mail inbox this afternoon:



Let me break it down for you: Under no circumstances whatsoever do I want to be on any island with Alex Trebek. I especially don't want to be on an island of historic, scientific, and otherwise educational importance with Alex Trebek. I doublespecially don't want to be on an island of historic, scientific, and otherwise educational importance with Alex Trebek in a safari jacket.

But, hey, if you wanna visit the 'Gos with Trebek, don't let me get in the way. Click the pic to enter the drawing.

[UPDATE: As of 4/13/09, this post is the #1 Google return for the search phrase: alex trebek's safari jacket. I'm honored.]

2 comments:

Clifton said...

Alex has the only game show I can tolerate at all. His contestants don't make spastic fools of themselves jumping and screaming every time they get a correct answer. But if Pat and Vanna ever lead a Wheel of Fortune trip someplace I might go just to get a close-up look at old Vanna. On TV she still looks pretty good for a fifty year old babe. Or maybe I'm so old that all women under 70 look good to me.

Scott S. Semester said...

HAHAHA! :)

I definitely agree that, these days, Jeopardy is the only one worth watching...even if I do love to hate Trebek's smugness.

And it's not just septuagenarians who think Vanna still looks pretty good -- and not "good for a 50-year-old," but "good"!