Sunday, April 05, 2009

"Fiddler" rehearsal kicked my butt today

Did I mention I'm in the upcoming production of "Fiddler on the Roof" on Saturday and Sunday, May 9 and 10? You should come.

But oy vey, I am here to tell you that today's rehearsal wore me out! I'm seriously a random Son in this production - no spoken parts, just singing and, I learned today, some pretty strenuous dancing. Like, both feet off the ground at the same time dancing, which, come on.

This is my first foray into the actually-being-on-stage part of musical theatre, so I'm pretty excited about that, but I'm terrified about being the weak link, either in the singing or the dancing or the (*gulp*) acting. I'm afraid I have no stage presence at all when I'm "acting" -- give me a presentation to make and I can be on stage in front of hundreds of people, no problem. But call me a "character" and I get all freezy and stagefrighty. So this will be a learning experience for sure.

Hey, if you want tickets, let me know, I'll get you the info. And in the meantime, you can follow along here on my blog. Maybe I'll even post some pictures and maybe a video or two, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, PLEASE post some video and pictures! I would LOVE that! And I'll just bet you're not as "bad" as you think you are at all! I'll be waiting...
Love, cuz Lisa

shouldhavezagged said...

Ticket info, please!

Scott S. Semester said...

Thank you for asking. Here you go:

St. Luke's UMC and Congregation Beth-El Zedeck proudly present "Fiddler on the Roof."

Saturday, May 9, 7:30PM and Sunday, May 10, 4PM.

Tickets: $18/adult, $10/child (ages 12 and under).

Patron Tickets: $36/person. A limited number of Patron tickets are available for each performance and include reserved seating and program book listing.

A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Indianapolis Interfaith Hunger Initiative, as well as the programs of St. Luke's and Beth-El Zedeck.

Purchase tickets at St. Luke's, or contact the Music Department at 846-3404 x338.