Thursday, April 16, 2009

FreezerBurns.com

A few weeks ago, I started following @FreezerBurns on Twitter. I can't remember how I found Gregorg Ng, the Frozen Food Master, but I'm so happy I did. I love his frozen food reviews. You should check him out.

Recently, Greg did a Frodown (frozen-food throwdown) with different low-end microwaveable chicken pot pies. In this latest episode, he evaluates a $28 organic chicken pot pie (chicken raised without antibiotics, organic veggies, higher-end crust). Is it worth the $7 per serving price tag? Find out below:

4 comments:

shouldhavezagged said...

That was a LONG review. And by "long" I mean LONG. I went the distance, though, and ended up really wanting to buy one of the pot pies to serve to company (even though I usually don't like pot pie). Imagine my disappointment when I see they aren't even sold in Indiana! D & D wants $30 for one plus (I'm guessing) shipping -- no, thank you, sir.

Anonymous said...

Too many words. It's a pot pie, dude! Come on!

jss said...

I just ate dinner and it made me a little hungry watching him pull it out of the oven. It looked really good. I would think that I could make that pie from scratch for about $8-10... $28 is RIDICULOUS! I just fed my whole family at Reb Habanero for $18!

Scott S. Semester said...

What I like about Greg is that he takes his frozen food so seriously. Yes, it was a long review, but he's committed to a comprehensive review of the product he's testing out.

I can't even imagine the type of person, though, who would shell out $30 for a chicken pot pie...!