Saturday, April 04, 2009

The next new latest hip trendthing

Sharp, eagle-eyed, intelligent, loyal readers that both of you are, you may have noticed a new "Elsewhere on the Web" link in the lefthand sidebar. I added my Blip.fm profile to the rundown in order to give you further insight into my psyche.

You know, for when you stalk me, take me to your lair, encourage me to keep my skin well moisturized for when you decide to make a Scottskin suit and, ultimately, accidentally get yourself killed by an over-eager FBI cadet.

What is Blip.fm, you ask? Well, thank you for asking! And for changing the subject.

Blip.fm is a web service that allows you to be your own DJ. You search for a song you want to "blip" and then you "blip" it -- your blip combines the song with your own short (100 characters or so) message. Your blip then goes onto the Blip.fm general timeline for all the world to see; you can also forward it to other services. For example, when I blip, it also goes to my Twitter feed.

So why not give it a try? See what people are saying about what they're listening to!

No comments: