Saturday, May 09, 2009

I, Tunes

I need to take a nap so I can be ready for tonight's "Fiddler" performance, but I am not tired.

Therefore, I will bore both you and myself with some fascinating -- or, rather, "fascinating" -- statistics about my iTunes collection. Ready? O-KAY!

Overall Stats

Sorted by Song Year

Sorted by Date Added
  • First: "Unit 01, Tape 1.1," Foreign Service Institute, Basic French Course (Revised) Volume 1
  • Last: "Think," Aretha Franklin, 30 Greatest Hits

Sorted Ordinally

Top Five by Play Count
  1. "Ca, C'est l'Amour" by John Barrowman (an amazing 641 times -- I have no idea, unless perhaps the Ghost of Cole Porter had something to do with it)
  2. "Por Una Cabeza," the tango (529 times)
  3. "Schadenfreude" from the "Avenue Q" soundtrack (491 times)
  4. "Dare to Live" by Andrea Bocelli and Laura Pausini (401 times)
  5. "New Soul" by Yael Naïm (271 times)

Sorted by Length
  • Longest: At 22 minutes, 16 seconds, "The Silent City," from Yo-yo Ma's album New Impossibilities (which, out of concern for you, I will not link to)
  • Shortest: A 3-second WAV file of Jambi from Pee Wee's Playhouse saying "Mekaleka hi, meka hiney ho!" (which, also out of concern for you, I will not link to)

No comments: