Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Milo -- Friend, Roommate, Crazy-Maker

If you follow me on Twitter or if we're friends on Facebook, you're aware that this was a lousy day. I woke up this morning and found my dear friend, Milo the minilop rabbit, had passed away overnight.

I'm still kind of processing the... the what? Not exactly the quiet, since he literally made no noise ever. I guess, just the stillness of not having another living presence in the house -- someone to look out for, to make sure I wasn't about to step on, etc.

And I'm remembering how funny he was, and how cuddly he was (sometimes), and how floppy his ears were, and how cute his tail looked when it stuck out, and how cool he looked when he was just chillin' on the carpet under the dining room table, and how generally awesome he was. And also how he made me crazy with the chewing on his cage, and the noise of his claws on the hard plastic floor of his cage, and the occasional scratching-on-the-door wake-up calls he would give me if he somehow made it all the way up the stairs.

I'm so sorry that he's gone, but I know he's loving where he is now, with room to run and jump and chew and dig and hang out with friends. And his ears are flopping and his tail is peeking out from under his butt as he hops from angel to angel, head-butting their feet until he gets that just-right head scratch he's looking for.

3 comments:

MJ Schrader said...

RIP Milo :(

Amy said...

I remember hearing about Milo this summer from Dawn. You stood out as an adopter (and Milo stood out too!) so I always liked hearing what he was up to, but I just found your blog! Poor little guy. :(

I don't know if you ever saw pics from his TV spot, but it'll still be a nice trip down memory lane.
http://www.deitchley.com/blog/2008/02/19/600/

Hope all is well with you!

Scott S. Semester said...

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing the link to more Milo pics! It was, indeed, a special opportunity to remember the little guy.