Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Song! Challenge! #5 - RESULTS

Thanks to everyone who played this week's Song! Challenge! Big ups to Dave and Lisa, the first ones to win a Song! Challenge! without actually knowing me. (I must say, these Lilly kids seem to have some real skill at this game...)

Here are the standings, as judged by me:

  • Seventh Place: Heather, with 7 out of 16 at 7:57pm on 6/29
  • Sixth Place: JJ, with 7 out of 16 at 8:48pm on 6/27
  • Fifth Place: Amy, with 9 out of 16 at 8:27pm on 6/27 (props for being this week's FIRST entry, and also for not submitting her entries on the back of a used envelope)
  • Fourth Place: Meana & the DePauw gang, with 14 out of 16 at 5:29pm on 6/30
  • Third Place: Amanda, with 14 out of 16 at 2:21pm on 6/29
  • Second Place: Sacha and Bill, with 15 out of 16 at 9:57pm on 6/27 (props for using the thing over the "o" in "Tone Loc")
  • First Place: Dave and Lisa, with 16 out of 16 at 9:43pm and also 9:45pm on 6/28 (props for submitting what I think is the same set of answers twice, just to be sure)

As always, three things to remember:

  • The judge's decision is final, so let it go. I mean, if I've miscounted, feel free to let me know, and I'll update the standings, but my (lenient) calls stand in each case.
  • The first prize is dinner at my house (which will probably end up being some sort of take-out, anyway) and the chance to pick a song for me to make a video of, so no big whoop.
  • Everyone who entered gets an e-mail, coming soon (but probably over the weekend, at the earliest, since there's real work involved this time!), with a super-secret link to a video of me doing something random (in this case, videoizing whichever song Dave & Lisa pick). Players, watch for your e-mail soon. Be advised that I will likely be placing the video here on the blog a few days after you get the link, so if you want to feel like you're getting the special sneak preview, you'll want to click that link and watch it quickly.

Thanks to everyone for playing. Check back here at 7pm EDT on Saturday for this week's Song! Challenge! The theme is "All At Once" -- how many songs can you identify when four or five are played at the same time? (Ooooooh, edgy!)

See ya Saturday at 7pm EDT!

Oh, and here are all the answers from this week's Challenge!

  1. True Colors / Cyndi Lauper
  2. She Works Hard for the Money / Donna Summer
  3. Gloria / Laura Branigan
  4. Maneater / Hall & Oates
  5. Electric Avenue / Eddy Grant
  6. Kokomo / The Beach Boys
  7. Every Rose Has Its Thorn / Poison
  8. Funky Cold Medina / Tone Loc
  9. I'll Be Loving You (Forever) / New Kids on the Block
  10. Walk the Dinosaur / Was (Not Was)
  11. Toy Soldiers / Martika
  12. Shattered Dreams / Johnny Hates Jazz
  13. Tainted Love / Soft Cell
  14. Sexual Healing / Marvin Gaye
  15. Moonlighting Theme
  16. Perfect Strangers Theme

3 comments:

shouldhavezagged said...

Do Dave and Lisa live in Indy? Because Bill and I will happily claim their dinner at Chez Semester. Either way, congrats to Dave and Lisa!

shouldhavezagged said...

Do Dave and Lisa live in Indy? Because Bill and I will happily claim their dinner at Chez Semester. Either way, congrats to Dave and Lisa!

jss said...

All along I thought Dave and Lisa were Uncle Dave and Cousin Lisa!!! LOL!!