Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Song! Challenge! #8: WAHWahwah(wah) RESULTS!

Thanks to everyone who played the Song! Challenge! last week. Watch your inbox for your poem. I have 9 poems to write, a couple of which are about people I've never met in person, so it might take a while. You'll have it by Friday, though.

Here are the standings this week:

9th Place: Amanda and Ryan - 11
8th Place: Ryan R - 13
7th Place: Sarah - 18*
6th Place: JL - 18*
5th Place: Jon - 18*
4th Place: Spike - 18*
3rd Place: RealtorMichelle - Third one to get 18 correct
2nd Place: Dave and Lisa - Second ones to get 18 correct
1st Place: Brooke - First one to get 18 correct

*While I have no direct evidence, I suspect that each of the asterisked individuals just copied RealtorMichelle's response so they could get their poem.


Brookie -- Congratulations! I'm sure the iTunes giftcard will be well used by you! I'll hand off the prize next time I see you! :)

A couple clarifications: I counted "If I Can't Have You" with the artist as either The Bee Gees or Yvonne Elliman, because this. Also, I counted "Careless Whisper" with the artist as either George Michael or Wham!, because this. I think I've tabulated correctly. Let me know, though, if you see any errors.

...and here are the correct responses:

1. Law and Order Theme
2. Barney Miller Theme
3. Copacabana - Barry Manilow
4. Phantom of the Opera/Overture - Phantom of the Opera
5. Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire / A. R. Rahman (Mad props to Ryan R for getting the Slumdog connection, for which I gave him a point)
6. Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart
7. Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles
8. Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson
9. If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman (also accepted Bee Gees)
10. Fernando - ABBA
11. Chattahoochee - Alan Jackson
12. Always - Atlantic Starr
13. Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody - David Lee Roth
14. It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion
15. If - Janet Jackson
16. Careless Whisper - George Michael (also accepted Wham!)
17. Come Sail Away - Styx
18. View to a Kill - Duran Duran
19. Run to You - Whitney Houston
20. Holiday - Madonna
21. We Are the World - U.S.A. for Africa

OK, be sure to check back this coming Saturday at 7pm EDT, when the nice folks at Inexpensively.com are sponsoring the Challenge! with a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate. YOU WANT TO WIN THAT -- also YOU WANT TO VISIT INEXPENSIVELY.COM! Next week is their launch week and their sole reason for existing is to save you money. And to help promote them, they're offering you the chance to win some Amazon-ness through the Song! Challenge!

Get here right at 7pm EDT on Saturday, because that's some good prize, y'all. I haven't decided on the theme yet, but it's going to be both challenging and exciting, I'll tell ya that much.

No comments: