Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a popularity contest! And I want to be popular!

On Twitter recently, I've seen a bunch of folks soliciting votes for themselves and their blogs in the Top50IndianaBlogs.com contest. This struck me as odd, as I had seen another Indiana blog competition (Linking Indiana? Or something?) recently, too. Do we need multiple Indiana blog competitions running simultaneously? (Correct answer: We do not.)

But, being the sporting chap that I am, I clicked over and started exploring. Since I hadn't updated my blog in three weeks and had kind of gotten out of the rhythm of posting, you can imagine my surprise when I found out that I was a nominee. You can vote for me in one of the contests!

When I first looked at the Top50IndianaBlogs page, I was ranked 52nd out of the couple hundred Indiana blogs in the Top50 contest. Now, if I had been 98th or 72nd or even 55th, I would have hmphed it off and forgotten about it. But being so close to the Top50 ignited the dormant, yet ever-present competitive spirit within me. 

So, if you've gotten something out of my blog and would like to vote for me, click here, make sure it's my blog "Scott Semester - All I'm Saying" and then just click VOTE under the number of votes to add your support. And maybe leave a comment on this post or on that site, and let me know what you get out of this blog.

I know I won't win 1st place, but it's fun to be in contention for the Top50. Let's see how far up the rankings I might get!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I voted for you, SSS! Your blog makes me laugh and I especially enjoy videos of you dancing. When will you be debuting with Motus?
-Emily

Anonymous said...

I, of course, voted. Your dancing videos alone should win you first place! ~ Cuz L

Sarah said...

Now... If I vote, will it have an effect on the number of times you post?

Scott S. Semester said...

Haha, Sarah! :)

Yes, if you vote, I will post way more regularly. I promise!