Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Come for the Melissa and Joey fanfiction, stay for the whatnow?

Well!

It has become clear to me, dear readers, that while neither of you may have much interest in ABCFamily's breakout summer sitcom "Melissa & Joey," the interwebz are, in fact, abuzz about it. In fact, in just over a week, no fewer than a dozen Google users have found themselves here seeking out "Melissa and Joey" fanfiction (as a result of my joke about it in a previous post). Which is remarkable in that my only other post that rivals that, Googlability-wise, is this 2006 post entitled Worst. Lifetime Movie. Ever.

I'm intrigued by this recent turn of events, mostly because I am so clearly out of the target demographic for "Melissa and Joey" as evidenced by my answer of "Gimme A Break" in the poll on the official show page -- which only garnered 3% of the vote...probably because most of the "M&J" viewers weren't alive when Nell (about whom I previously blogged here -- and that's worth a click at least for the Nell Carter version of the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" theme) adopted little moppet Joey and his little moppet of a brother, Matthew. (I think?)

Anyway. I have no understanding of why I'm so drawn to the situationally comedic comedy situations Mel and Joe find themselves in, and yet there it is.

It occurs to me, also, that I have no idea why people read this blog. Mostly, I think visitors to this blog fall into one of the following categories:
  1. Family, friends, acquaintances
  2. FIHMIPYs
  3. Random Googlers

So tell me: Whether you fall into category 1, 2, or 3, why do you stop by or not stop by here? What can I, your occasionally faithful blog host, do to make your stay more comfortable? Can I blog about anything specific? Do more of a certain type of post? Games like Song! Challenge! or Pop Culture Math? Snarky essays? Gettin' Goddy wit' it? The liveblogs, my God, the liveblogs? Videos of me dancing? (Somebody earlier tonight requested a Hammer Dance video...I'll see what I can do.)

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to leave a comment and let me know which of the above, if any, keep you coming back, and what you'd like to see more of. The overenthusiastic survey-taker at right is eagerly awaiting your comments. She will transcribe them verbatim and then provide them to me in an easy-to-read (that is, picture-heavy) report, which I will place in white 1" binder and never read again. (Just kidding -- that's a random image I found by Googling "survey taker" -- *I* am eagerly awaiting your responses...she's just a sight gag.) (I was serious about the 1" binder, though.)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hammer dance. Definitely, the dancing.

Scott S. Semester said...

Haha, thanks! :) Duly noted.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy, in no particular order: Videos of you dancing, strange and fascinating things you find on the interwebs, your thoughts on God, society, etc. and every now and then, I enjoy your games. Even though I never have a chance in heck of winning, and they are often too hard for me.

K.T. said...

I'm here for the snarky essays. I enjoy the dancing videos, and often share them with others. I like the challenge of the games, but they are too hard for me. I'm waiting for the day when you have a Brady Bunch trivia challenge. It will be the only time I even have a chance.

Scott S. Semester said...

Thanks, Anonymous & KT!

And KT, I'll see what I can do about a Brady Bunch game! :)