Sunday, September 12, 2010

Twelve Random Things

It's been a while since one of those random "25 Things" things came around on Facebook. Because I'd like to keep the blog in action now, I'm going to resurrect that ol' chestnut and see how many random things I can share right now:

  1. I tangoed with a blanket tonight. You'll want to join us on 10/8 or 10/9 to see it in person.
  2. Speaking of My Blanket and Me, I'm developing greater confidence on stage as I have fun rehearsing for "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" and some other stuff.
  3. Speaking of performing, I'm seriously considering that recital idea (except with maybe some other song choices).
  4. This, while completely inappropriate and not safe for work, is hilarious to me. Especially the Angela Lansbury part.
  5. I recently addressed the piles of stuff I'd accumulated before my move at the end of last year. Sadly, I mostly addressed them by boxing them up into fresh new banker's boxes, rather than actually, say, filing them. To the storage unit!
  6. I'll be riding again this year in the Pedal For Peace event on October 2. Want to support peace through education for girls and women around the world? Make a donation here and enter either my name (Scott Semester) or our team name (RPM: Random Pedal-ers on a Mission) when you make your donation. And thanks!
  7. I'm working my way through this resource, which may or may not be available to you at this time.
  8. Today at church, our pastor challenged us to read one chapter of the Gospels each day; if we do that, we'll have all the Gospels read by Christmas. I'm going to do this. I figure if I can give up caffeine for Lent, I can read the Bible for pre-Advent.
  9. Speaking of church, oy.
  10. The Google search phrase melissa and joey fanfiction has (somewhat explicably, but come on) led 6 people to this blog in the last week.
  11. I am currently watching a "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" that I've never seen before.
  12. I want to go to Finland to vacation in an "Icebergs" home by Daniel Andersson. And then I want to find a body of water in central Indiana and build one for myself.

2 comments:

shouldhavezagged said...

We want to support peace through education for girls and women around the world! Bill and I are in for $10.

Scott S. Semester said...

Awesome! Thank you!