Wednesday, October 06, 2010

My New Rules for How I Use The Interwebotron9000

1. If I'm clicking more than I'm typing, I'm doing it wrong.

2. I have to create more content than I consume. (Sharing doesn't count as creating, as Persons 2 through n in the Human Centipede can tell you.)(Don't click that link if you don't want to be totally grossed out.)(Seriously, it's so gross, I probably shouldn't even have linked to it.)(I mean, it doesn't really show all that much grossness; it's mostly implied.)(But still.)

3. If the computer on my lap is so hot that I can smell burning leg hairs, it's time to turn it off and walk away until it cools off again.

4. If it's not funny, or relevant (i.e., directly applicable to my life within 24 hours), or both, it's dead to me. This goes for what I create and for what I consume. Dead to me = deleted, unsubscribed, and/or set on fire. (Usually not set on fire.)

5. If I don't create something groundbreaking and/or innovative (and profitable!) soon, I might re-evaluate my previously stated usually-not-setting-things-on-fire policy. (Luckily, I have a couple good ideas I'm workshopping, and I've set an end-of-the-year deadline for myself.)(Just, haha, stay away from flammable/inflammable things starting January 1.)

No comments: