Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Truth: VIII

Background on the 30 Days of Truth series here.

Day the Eighth: Someone who has made your life hell, or treated you like crap

Hmm. I could say the Day Four guy(s). But I don't think I will.

Because when it comes down to it, I'd have to go with "me." (As inner self-monologues go, I'm pretty vicious.)

I believe with every fiber of my being that my decision to allow my life to feel like hell is just that -- my decision. In the times of my life when I've felt trapped, stuck, tortured, or otherwise screwed, it has, without exception, been a product of my own choices and a result of my own frame of mind.

But this also empowers me to claim my own happiness and embrace the times when I feel empowered, loved, self-actualized, or otherwise peachy.

That's a choice, too.

No comments: