Tuesday, November 02, 2010

NOVEMBER TO MEMEMBER: 30 Days of Truth

In addition to the 29 Days of Giving, I'm adding the 30 Days of Truth meme. (Haha, I was already pretty truthful about the 29 Days of Giving, so what other truths could possibly be out there? Oh. Right.)

Anyway.

A FIHMIPY from Twitter has started a blog specifically for 30 Days of Truth, a blogging experience designed to prompt you into speaking honestly and frankly about yourself and your life, hopefully prompting self-reflection as well.

Well!

I like to think I can self-reflect with the best of them. But I've never really Stopped Being Polite and Started Getting Real™ here on ye olde blogge, so maybe it's time. Starting tomorrow, I'll do 30 Days of Truth, with as little [redacted]ing as possible. Just to give you a preview, here are the prompts:

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like [crap].
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

So! Starting tomorrow, it will be self-disclosure-a-go-go around here! Tune back in to learn more and more!

4 comments:

MJ Schrader said...

Hey Scott,

This is a brilliant idea! May I use it too? Did you create the list?

And thank you for being you. I thank God for you regularly even though we have never met. Your jokes on Twitter, your happiness, always brighten my day. Your light shines even when my day is dark. Too seldom do people share the power another has, and so here I say you are powerful and a light in the world. Thank you my friend. ((HUGS))

MJ Schrader

Scott S. Semester said...

Hi, MJ -- THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind, kind words. You are a light to me, and your courage and determination are an inspiration.

Feel free to use this, too -- I can't wait to see what comes of this adventure. And no, I didn't make up the list -- I got it from Kelsey (@driftingfocus on Twitter), who I think got it from someone else...

Keep Love alive!
SSS

Emily Suess said...

I meant to tell you that I like your blog, particularly this series. I'm going to snatch this idea and run with it. Maybe for the month of December or maybe January. In the meantime, I'll just keep snooping around here.

Scott S. Semester said...

Thanks, Emily! That's high praise...I'm humbled.

Good luck in your 30 Days of Truth -- I've found it to be a lot more difficult than I imagined!